As an experienced HVAC company in Colorado Springs, Polar Bear Mechanical understands the importance of a reliable heating and cooling system. With summer quickly approaching, it’s important to make sure that your HVAC system is ready to keep you cool. You don’t want to have to worry about a broken AC unit while you’re trying to beat the heat.
Whether you’re interested in replacing your current air conditioning unit, or are curious about the different types of AC units, Polar Bear Mechanical is here to answer all of your questions. Depending on the space that you want to cool and what you’re willing to spend, one AC unit may seem like a better option than another.
Choosing An AC Unit
Air conditioners are one of the most common electrical appliances. An AC unit plays a primary role in cooling down your home. Each type of air conditioner is designed for a certain space and fulfills a unique need. When choosing an air conditioner, you want to consider budget, energy consumption, space requirements and cooling power.
- Central Air Conditioner
- Central air conditioners are perfect for larger homes. The main advantages of a central air conditioner is that it can cool multiple rooms at once, as long as each of those rooms are connected to the air ducts. This will create a more regulated and comfortable environment throughout your home.
- Ductless Mini-Split
- A ductless mini-split unit is a great option for those that seek direct control of cooling down a room. Ductless mini-split systems are usually more energy efficient as well. People are drawn to this type of air conditioning system because it can be installed anywhere without the need for ductwork.
- Window Air Conditioner
- Window air conditioners are a single unit that blows cool air into a room while ejecting heat through the outside part of the system. If you don’t want to spend a ton of money on an AC unit, this is a great option for you. They’re easier to maintain and have lower upfront costs.
- Portable Air Conditioner
- Portable air conditioners work similarly to window air conditioners. The main difference is that portable air conditioners can be moved between rooms depending on which space you want to cool. The main benefit of a portable air conditioner is that there’s no permanent installation involved and the unit can be moved around.
- Floor-Mounted Air Conditioner
- Floor-mounted air conditioning units are perfect for the elderly or for people who have respiratory problems. Due to the air conditioning unit being installed close to the ground, users can easily check the air filters and ensure that they have the best air quality possible.
- Hybrid Air Conditioner
- Hybrid air conditioners contain a system that utilizes a gas furnace and an electric air-source heat pump. During the summer, the system pulls hot air from inside your house and expels it outside. During the winter, the system works in reverse. This option is great for those who want to lower their carbon footprint and minimize the cost of utility bills.
Cool Down With Polar Bear Mechanical
Our team of HVAC professionals maintains the knowledge and experience necessary to help you figure out which air conditioning unit is right for you. If you’re interested in learning more about how to make your current AC unit last, or want to schedule an appointment to discuss types of AC units, contact us today!