As one of the best HVAC companies in Colorado Springs, Polar Bear Mechanical is passionate about helping our customers become more knowledgeable about their heating and cooling systems. From understanding what a furnace tune-up involves, to teaching you about your water heater options, we’re here to share our years of knowledge with you. During the winter, many residents of Colorado Springs begin to notice their heating bills skyrocket, and don’t know what to do. Well, today, our team of HVAC professionals is going to share our favorite ways to save on your heating bills, even during the coldest months.
5 Ways To Lower Your Heating Bill
One of the best parts of living in Colorado Springs is enjoying the beautiful winters that come every year. Unfortunately, with those snowy winters come the urge to constantly run your heater, increasing your bills significantly. Some ways to lower your heating bills without becoming a polar bear include:
- Set Your Thermostat
- Did you know that you can save up to 10 percent a year on your heating bills by setting your thermostat 7 to 10 degrees lower than normal? Consider setting your thermostat to a cooler temperature while you’re sleeping, running errands all day or while cooking dinner in a hot kitchen.
- Keep Unused Rooms Closed
- When you leave a room, it’s important to shut the door behind you. This simple action will keep the heat trapped inside the room, meaning your HVAC system won’t have to pump hot air into the room. While simple, this task can save you a lot of money on your heating bills.
- Invest In Thick Curtains
- Do you have a room in your house with a lot of windows, and wonder why it always feels cooler than the rest of the house? Well, that’s because windows are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to chilly weather sneaking into your home. High-quality curtains will be able to keep the cold air outside, and the hot air inside.
- Consider A Space Heater
- If you’re craving some heat in your office upstairs, consider using a space heater instead of turning up your thermostat. By focusing on what rooms you use, and only heating up those rooms, you’ll avoid spending money heating up your entire house.
- Use Your Ceiling Fan
- Most people only use their ceiling fans in the summer, but you can actually use your ceiling fans all year long. In the winter, all you need to do is run your ceiling fan in reverse. Hot air rises, so a ceiling fan operating in reverse will help push the warm air back through your room.
Polar Bear Mechanical Is Here To Help You Become More Energy Efficient
As HVAC experts, we’re committed to sharing our tips and tricks with the Colorado Springs community. Hopefully, this list will help you learn how to stay warm while saving money on your heating bills. If you want to learn more ways to maintain an energy-efficient home, or would like to schedule an appointment with our HVAC professionals, contact us today!